MQ Message Replication Overview
The MQ Message Replication v1.2.0 (MQMR) will clone messages being written (via MQPUT or MQPUT1 API calls) to an application's output queue and MQMR will write the exact same messages to 'n' target queues ('n' can be up to 100). When MQMR replicates a message both the message data and the message's MQMD structure will be cloned. This means that the fields of the MQMD structure (i.e. PutTime, MessageId, CorrelId, UserId, etc..) will be exactly the same as the original message's MQMD structure.
The MQAdmin can configure MQMR to perform message replication on any number of queues. The application messages put to each queue can be replicated and put to (up to) 100 target queues.
MQMR can clone messages being written to any MQ queue type. i.e. local, alias, remote and/or cluster queues (including transmission queues).
Existing applications do not need to be modified or updated nor is it necessary to set up Publish/Subscribe to use MQMR. MQMR is deployed and configured at the queue manager level; hence, no application changes are required.
MQMR is an MQ API Exit that operates with IBM MQ v7.0, v7.1, v7.5, v8.0 and v9.0 in Windows, Unix, IBM i (OS/400) and Linux platforms.
Context Diagram (Logical View)
- MQMR is available in 3 forms:
- Windows DLL
- Shared library for AIX, HP-UX, Linux and Solaris
- IBM i (OS/400) exit module
- MQMR major features are:
- All message data & MQMD fields written to the application's output queue will be cloned to a target queue(s)
- Easy to set up and configure
- No application changes required
- Provides high-level logging capability for message cloning
- The server-side API Exits are provided in the format of a native DLL / shared library and are currently available for AIX, HP-UX, iSeries (OS/400), Linux, Solaris and Windows. The pricing of Capitalware's MQ Message Replication solution is on a 'per queue manager' basis.
|Operating System||MQ v7.0, v7.1, v7.5, v8.0, & v9.0|
|AIX v6.1, v7.1 or higher||64-bit|
|HP-UX IA64 v11.23 or higher||64-bit|
|IBM i v6.1, v7.1 or higher||64-bit|
|Linux on POWER||64-bit|
|Linux on System z (zSeries)||64-bit|
|Solaris SPARC v8, v9, v10 & v11||64-bit|
|Solaris x86_64 v10 & v11||64-bit|
|Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10||32-bit & 64-bit|
|Product||Price (USD) *||Ordering|
|MQ Message Replication (per license**)||$299.00|
|Yearly maintenance and support fee||15%|
* Volume discounts available for as low as $199.00 USD per license plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee.
** MQ Message Replication is licensed on a per queue manager basis.
- Each licensed user will receive:
- Full version of MQ Message Replication
- Free updates / upgrades to any version 1.x release.
- Email/ Help Desk support
|Enterprise License for MQ Message Replication:|
|Enterprise License for MQ Message Replication sells for $55,000 USD plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee. An enterprise license will allow a company to have unlimited number of queue managers use MQ Message Replication at an unlimited number of locations.|