MQ Visual Browse Overview
The MQ Visual Browse v2.1.0 application allows users to view messages in a queue and/or topic of an IBM MQ (formally WebSphere MQ, MQSeries) queue manager and presents the data in a simplified format similar to a database utility or spreadsheet program.
MQ Visual Browse is a great tool for application programmers, JMS developers, quality assurance testers, and production support personnel who do NOT need message editing capabilities. The tool allows for quick problem solving because the data is presented in a very logical and insightful manner.
MQ Visual Browse is designed to run on a desktop platform that supports Java SE 7 (or higher). This includes: Linux, Mac OS X and Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10. MQ Visual Edit is able to connect to local queue managers (residing on the same box) or to any remote queue manager.
The remote queue managers can be on any platform that supports distributed queuing including: AIX, HP-UX, Linux, OS/2 Warp, IBM i (OS/400), Sun Solaris, Tandem, Windows 2008/2012/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and z/OS (OS/390).
MQ Visual Browse has full language support for the following 26 languages: Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Panjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Vietnamese.
- MQ Visual Browse supports SSL for connecting to remote queue managers.
- MQ Visual Browse supports 3rd party security exit for connecting to remote queue managers.
- Ability to open and display multiple queues from multiple queue managers.
- Ability to open (subscribe) and display multiple topics from multiple queue managers.
- Ability to add, open and manage favorites.
- Export all or selected messages to a text file or multiple text files.
- Backup all or selected messages to a file. The backup includes both the MQMD and the data.
- Ability to compare a message to a file and highlight differences.
- Print a selected message.
- Supports copying of message data to other desktop applications via clipboard.
- The user can view the message in a Hex Editor (also EBCDIC mode available)
- The user can view their messages in a XML tree (via the builtin XML Viewer)
- Support for well-known MQ messages formats: MQMD, MQRFH, MQRFH2, MQCIH, MQDEAD, MQIIH, MQXMIT, MQHSAP and SMQBAD.
- Includes 6 'Other Tools': Visual Difference, Hex Converter, Hex Editor, Text Editor, XML Editor and Tail File.
- The Hex Converter tool can convert a hexadecimal number to its corresponding string representation and vice versa. i.e. 0x'3132333041424344' to '1230ABCD'.
- The Hex Editor is a simple multi-purpose HEX editor. The Hex Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Text Editor is a simple multi-purpose plain-text editor. The Text Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Tail File is a simple multi-purpose plain-text editor. The Tail File supports monitoring of multiple files at the same time.
- The XML Editor is a simple multi-purpose XML editor. The XML Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Visual Difference is a simple file to file comparison tool. It visually displays differences between 2 files. The differences are hightlighted: Green for inserts, Red for deletions and Blue for changes.
The MQ Visual Browse application is available for a free 30-day trial period (no nag screens). All features are available but you are limited to 1 queue manager.
|MQ Visual Browse (Single 1-year subscription)||$25.00||Buy Now|
- Each licensed user will receive:
- Full version of MQ Visual Browse
- Email/ Help Desk support
|Enterprise License for MQ Visual Browse sells for $2,500 USD for a 1-year subscritpion. An enterprise license will allow a company to have unlimited number of people use MQ Visual Browse at an unlimited number of locations.|
- IBM MQ V7.0 or higher
- Java SE 7 or higher